The state motto is liberty and prosperity, and according to current residents, there are countless reasons to make a move to New Jersey. While the cost of living in The Garden State is a bit higher than the national average, so is the average household income. This, along with the state’s diversity makes it an appealing location for many families. In fact, in the past several years, the influx of families to this state was the highest in the country. If you are planning a move from Seattle, WA to New Jersey, then our long distance movers can help.
The History and Culture of New Jersey
Are you planning a move “Down the Shore?” If you aren’t sure what this means, then you have a bit of brushing up to do on New Jersey culture. However, before you dive into trends and current happenings, it is a good idea to learn about the history of the state you are relocating to.
New Jersey was one of the original 13 colonies and an important battleground during the period of the American Revolution. Located in the heart of the busy Atlantic corridor, it is found nestled right between Pennsylvania and New York. New Jersey is the most densely populated of all the states in the U.S. and is named after the island of Jersey, found in the English Channel.
It has a long and beautiful coastline, which makes the state an attractive destination for tourists. The state features more than 50 seaside resort towns, including Cape May, Atlantic City, and Asbury Park. New Jersey is also the original home of quite an impressive number of musical legends, including Frank Sinatra, Jon Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springsteen. While it is known as an industrial center, it earned the nickname “Garden State” due to it being a leading producer of tomatoes, blueberries, and cranberries.
Best Areas to Consider in New Jersey
When moving to New Jersey, you likely want to know some good locations to consider. Regardless if you are moving alone or with your family, there are some great places to live, work and play. Some of the top rated areas in New Jersey include:
- Hoboken: If you are hip, young and have a pretty significant disposable income, then Hoboken is the place to be. The city is just one square mile, but every inch is packed with entertainment. There are five-star restaurants, trendy boutiques, booming bars and beautiful parks galore. Also, by way of the 24/7 PATH train you can be in New York City in under 10 minutes. The views of Manhattan are also quite spectacular.
- Jersey City: Just to the south of Hoboken, you can find more affordable housing in Jersey City. While this area is pretty big, you will find there are some distinct neighborhoods in the area. One location to consider is Journal Square where you can find affordable housing options, plenty of entertainment venues and virtually anything you want within walking distance.
- Morristown: History buffs rejoice – this is the ideal location for you with its number of museums. Another highlight is George Washington’s New Jersey headquarters. The downtown area also features several fine dining options and boutiques.
- Red Bank: If shore living is your goal, then you will love Red Bank. This riverfront town offers a thriving arts scene, many fantastic antique shops, and a quaint main street. Throughout the summer you can enjoy several cultural festivals. Not to mention, it is just a few miles from the ocean.
- Ridgewood: Here you can find turn-of-the-century farmhouses and Victorian homes all over. There are several parks in the village, as well as a thriving downtown area. However, it also has that small town feel with easy access to NYC. If you are moving with your family, this location has a low crime rate and high property values.
Getting Acquainted with Living in New Jersey
If your moving day is quickly approaching, our team at Puget Sound Moving is ready to help. We can help you get to know the New Jersey lifestyle and even help you get set up in the Garden State. However, this is quite a trek across the country from Seattle, so you should expect the move to take between two and four days, depending on your pace.
To help you get integrated into your new life after your move, make sure to bookmark the sites highlighted here.
- NJToday.net: This is the oldest weekly newspaper in the state and offers several interesting columns. You can keep up with national and local events and news by visiting this site regularly.
- NJFamily.com: Are you looking for fun things you can do with the entire family? If so, this is a website where you can find everything in one spot. It is going to come in handy if you want to keep your kids happy and entertained.
- State.NJ.US: Virtually anything and everything you could want to know about New Jersey are found here. From public safety to government email addresses, this website offers you a comprehensive listing of everything New Jersey related.
Moving from Seattle to New Jersey is Easy with Us!
If you are planning a move from Seattle, WA to New Jersey, let our team at Puget Sound Moving help. Our team is made up of honest, reliable and professional movers who can contribute to making your long-distance move hassle free. Call us today to receive a quote for your move to New Jersey.