Proof We’re Professionals
At Puget Sound Moving, we’re professionals. But don’t just take our word for it.
So what’s that mean? Glad you asked!
AMSA is the national trade association for the professional moving industry. The organization represents the interests of the field while helping consumers.
Part of that assistance is getting people in touch with top-quality companies. That’s where ProMovers comes in.
A company interested in the ProMovers designation needs to meet specific standards. They must…
- Be an AMSA member in good standing for no less than 18 months
- Pass a background check
- Provide letters of reference
- Sign an agreement with AMSA that promises high quality service, including:
- Using fair and accurate advertising
- Providing written estimates
- Responding to claims within 30 days
- Never holding customers’ belongings hostage for further payment (This is no joke! Some unscrupulous movers do just that.)
ProMovers and You
We’re proud of our status as ProMovers. (Can you tell?) But why should you care?
As American Moving and Storage Association President and CEO Scott Michael tells consumers, “The ProMover certification program helps you quickly and easily find a qualified mover near you.”
AMSA developed ProMovers to weed out scam movers (what we in the biz call “rogue operators”).
When a company has earned the ProMovers title, you can be sure that it:
- Is properly licensed and insured for the state(s) where it does business
- Meets all federal regulations
- Has been checked out and certified by AMSA
- Practices business responsibly and ethically
- Has a respectable Better Business Bureau rating (Not that we’re bragging or anything, but ours is A+!)
Make no mistake: Seattle mover reviews are going to favor ProMovers. At Puget Sound Moving, we provide customers with the experienced, efficient, and effective service they deserve.
It’s a cool name and all that, but why did AMSA create the ProMovers classification?
For you and us both. Crooked Seattle moving companies were cheating too many people. AMSA wanted a reliable way for customers to tell the good from the bad. Puget Sound Moving is a ProMover company, so you know you can count on us.
You can be assured that we’re dedicated to making your relocation as painless as possible. You’ll get an accurate estimate, packing tips, and guidance about valuation of and insurance for your belongings. We don’t just toss things on the truck and hope for the best.
As a ProMover, we’ll also be sure you understand all your rights and responsibilities as our customer. No surprises for you means no complaints for us.
An AMSA Essay
Certification is only as worthwhile as the organization that gives it. What makes AMSA competent to oversee ProMover certification?
AMSA has about 4,000 members nationwide. This includes local, interstate, and international moving companies, storage companies, and industry suppliers. That’s a lot of voices.
AMSA backs regulations and policies that help consumers receive quality services and businesses earn fair compensation. While AMSA provides moving guidance for individuals, it also offers companies educational opportunities, financial information, tax assistance, and up-to-the-minute news in the trade.
It’s a comprehensive moving organization. That’s why, at Puget Sound Moving, our Kent Moving Company, is proud to be an AMSA ProMover.