Puget Sound Moving is a full service moving company with Movers in Kent, Washington, Seattle and surrounding areas. We specialize in moves across the state of Washington. As a local company with over 15 years of experience, we love the community we work in and serve. Puget Sound Moving wants to see the continued success across the state of Washington by young individuals as well. Puget Sound Moving is offering a $500 scholarship for those pursuing a degree in higher education.
Who is Eligible:
- Applicants must be US Citizens.
- Applicants must have proof of current enrollment or acceptance at an accredited Washington State college or trade school.
- Applicants already attending college must be able to show that they are maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Applicants who have not yet started their first college semester, must have achieved a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Essay submissions must be received no later than Midnight, Pacific Time, March 15, 2016.
How To Apply:
- Write an essay at least 500 words in length and no more than 750 words on the specified topic (see below).
- Submit the essay in MS Word, Adobe PDF, or Plain Text format to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Midnight, Pacific Time, March 15, 2016.
- Include your name, phone, and email address in your submission email so we can contact you.
- Include proof of your current school enrollment or acceptance for future enrollment.
- Include a copy of your most recent college transcript or your final high school transcript if you are newly enrolled in your college or trade school.
Other Important Info:
- Applicants who do not follow all instructions or submit all required information will not be considered and will not be notified of such.
- Tell us about a “moving” experience you have had in your life that had a positive effect that you will never forget. How did this impact your life?
- Essays will be judged on many factors including grammar and punctuation, structure, creativity, and substance. Winner will be announced May 15, 2016.
- The Puget Sound Moving Scholarship can only be used for school tuition and related expenses. A check for $500 will be made payable directly to the award recipient’s educational institution.
- Students who have already been a recipient of our scholarship, may not apply again.